Designing for the Avigilon Appearance Search™ Feature
With the ACC software's Avigilon Appearance Search feature, operators can find all recorded instances of a person or vehicle across their site.
The following devices do not currently support the Avigilon Appearance Search feature:
- ACC ES Analytics Appliances
- ACC ES Analytics Cameras
- Thermal cameras
- Cameras with wide-angle or fisheye/panoramic lenses
To use the Avigilon Appearance Search feature, the system must be running ACC Enterprise edition software version 6.0 or later, with one of the following:
- A network video recorder (NVR) with a graphics processing unit for use with cameras that support the Avigilon Appearance Search feature.
- An NVR connected to an Avigilon AI Appliance for use with cameras without Classified Object video analytics.
For optimal performance, the camera needs to capture full-body and face images.
- Position the camera to collect predominantly front-facing images that use the following number of pixels on the target object:
- Minimum — 236 pixels per meter (72 pixels per foot) based on 2.0 MP resolution. This translates to approximately 40 pixels on the width of a face.
- Recommended — 394 pixels per meter (120 pixels per foot) based on 2.0 MP resolution. This translates to approximately 65 pixels on the width of a face.
- If the camera cannot capture good face images, the search is performed on full-body images only.
- Avoid having mirrors and other reflective surfaces like shiny floors and ceilings in the field of view. Reflections may cause additional false detections.
- Only enable the Avigilon Appearance Search feature on cameras using Outdoor or Large Indoor Area location mode.
For more information about the ACC software and Avigilon Appearance Search system requirements, see the ACC software datasheet or the Avigilon Control Center Client User Guide.